#039 Twice upon a tea time

The goose that laid the golden eggs (prologue)
Mary was a hen which lay golden eggs, she was kidnapped by Jack and locked up in a tiny cage for months.
One day, a kind little fairy flew by and saw Mary. Feeling sympathy for Mary, the fairy aided her to escape from Jack.
To prevent Jack from finding her again, the fairy transformed Mary into a goose, as Mary always wished to know how to swim.
Thus, Mary the hen became a goose, which lived on a lake near a cottage.

The End.
P.S. for those who got confused, read the story 'Jack and the Beanstalk' followed by 'The goose that laid the golden eggs'.


Three little pigs (tragic incident)
Recalled that near the ending of the story, the pig(s) boiled a pot of water and awaited for the wolf to climb through the chimney.
The story (true incident) actually occurred during a Christmas eve night, and the wolf was not the first one to climb through the chimney that night.
Since then, Santa Claus became a myth and parents had to cover for Santa Claus's job during Christmas.

The End.


Three men and the cornfield (Adapted from my JC-GSC teacher)
Three good friends of different characteristics came across a cornfield, the corn stalks were tall that were over their heads. One of them wants to make a wager, to see who can pluck the tallest corn stalk.
The condition is to walk across the cornfield in a straight line and pluck only corn stalk. Once plucked, there will be no changing of mind.
All three of them went in together, when they came out from the other side, each of them is holding one corn stalk.
Each of them takes turn to describe how and why he picks that stalk.

The one with the shortest explained, “Even before I first entered the cornfield, from a distance I saw this corn stalk standing out from the rest. Therefore, I rushed towards it and pluck it. However, as I continued walking out of the cornfield, I saw many more stalks that are much taller. I am really regretted that I make such a hasty decision.”

The one with the slightly taller stalk said, “Whenever I saw one that is relatively tall, I thought that maybe there is another taller stalk further down. Hence, I kept proceeding without plucking any stalk. Until when I could see the end of the cornfield and I still have not plucked any stalk, I panicked. But there is no turning back, so I could only grab this stalk that is the tallest among those stalks in front of me. I should not have been so greedy, hoping to get the tallest.”

The third friend was holding a stalk that is significantly taller the other two stalks. Both of them congratulated him and asked how he was able to find the tallest stalk from the path of cornfield that he took.

The one with the tallest stalk shook his head and explained, “I did not pick the tallest stalk that was in my path. After I entered the cornfield, I observed the tall stalks that are around me. After passing a handful of them, I had a rough idea of the average height of those tall stalks. When I saw this stalk that is relatively higher than my estimated average height, I chose this. Although subsequently I saw stalks that are even taller than this stalk which I plucked, I had no regrets. Even though it is not the best, I know that I still made a good decision.”

The End


~milkteaisthebest~

No comments:

Post a Comment